News & Announcements
- July 16, 2016: Help complete the Philippine Nationality Room by joining us at the benefit concert featuring the Nightingales
- July 24: FAAP Annual Picnic and General meeting
- August 16-18: Visit our food booth at the McKeesport International Village Festival.
- August 20: Philippine Consular Outlook Click here for details
- September 3-4, 2016: The Pittsburgh Folk Festival celebrates its 60th Anniversary Year at the Schenley tent Plaza in Oakland.
- September 11: 9th FAAP Fall Classic Click here for details
- For up-to-date news, announcements, events listing, photo albums and much more, please visit our FAAP Facebook page
- Read the latest edition of FAAP Balita To subscribe, email the HelpDesk@theFAAP.org
Apply or renew your membership. Go to the Membership page.
For more info, please send an email to membership@theFAAP.org
To learn more about us, see our profile at
The Pittsburgh Foundation
email the helpdesk@theFAAP.org
Shine with the Nightingales
A Philippine Nationality Room Benefit Concert
Watch Bianca Camille Lopez and Aizel Izza Prietos-Livioco as they bring the magic of opera to the fore, with a rare blend of musicality, and perform a wide-range repertoire consisting of opera arias, Broadway classics, and popular standards, in a unique style of singing bel canto or beautiful voice.
The amazing duo, alumnae of the renowned Philippine Madrigal Singers (MADZ), are on their first international tour outside of Asia. They bring with them the pride of the Philippines as they showcase the country’s vibrant culture with their world-class talents.
Proceeds from the concert will be donated to the University of Pittsburgh to benefit the Philippine Nationality Room (PNR) project.
DATE: Saturday, July 16 at 6:00 PM
VENUE: Alumni Hall 7th floor auditorium, 4227 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15260
$200 - Benefactors
$100 - Sponsors
$50 - Donors
$15 - General Admission
Please email Jaime Abola at Jaime.Abola@thefaap.org for reservations or for more details
The PNR is a project of the PNR task force comprising of representatives of the
Philippine American Medical Society of Western Pennsylvania (PAMS)
Philippine American Performing Arts of the Greater Pittsburgh (PAPAGP)
The FAAP initiated and organized the PNR project, provided the funds, and remains committed to completing the project.
The benefit concert is the task force's third fund raising event this year. The plan is to complete the PNR project in 2017. The university has approved the room design, which is based on the Bahay na Bato architecture. The task force now awaits the final Architectural drawings from its Architect-of-Record.
Donate to the PNR
Unable to attend? You can still help us complete the project by donating to our PNR Fund.
Click here to donate to our PNR fund. Please make sure that you indicate on your message that the donation is for the PNR.