News & Announcements
- August 7: PotLuck Dinner
- August 16-18: Visit our food booth at the McKeesport International Village Festival.
- August 20: Philippine Consular Outlook at 10:00 AM, Homeville Christian Church Click here for details
- September 3-4, 2016: The Pittsburgh Folk Festival celebrates its 60th Anniversary Year at the Schenley tent Plaza in Oakland.
- September 11: 9th FAAP Fall Classic Click here for details
- For up-to-date news, announcements, events listing, photo albums and much more, please visit our FAAP Facebook page
- Read the latest edition of FAAP Newsletter
- Read the latest edition of FAAP Balita To subscribe, email the HelpDesk@theFAAP.org
Apply or renew your membership. Go to the Membership page.
For more info, please send an email to membership@theFAAP.org
To learn more about us, see our profile at
The Pittsburgh Foundation
email the helpdesk@theFAAP.org
Philippine Consular Outreach
For live updates visit our Facebook Page
Every two years the FAAP strives to bring the Philippine Consulate General New York (PCGNY) to Pittsburgh so you don't have to travel to New York City. This event is a public service to Filipinos living in Western PA, and neighboring communities in Ohio and West Virginia
August 20, 2016, 10:00 AM
Homeville Christian Church, 4702 Eliza St., West Mifflin, PA 15122
IMPORTANT: We need at least 70 transactions! Please spread the word. So that we know that we have enough transactions to hold the outreach, please contact Fanny Spanos 412-327-5586
The Outreach Team offers the following services to PA residents:
- Passport processing (release of all new passport will be after ten (10) weeks)
- Passport Extension (same-day release only with Passport Renewal)
- Legalization of Documents (SPA, Authentication, Acknowledgement, Certifications, advice of securing NBI clearances, etc.)<
- Dual Citizenship
Services for Ohio and West Virginia residents
The Outreach Team can process passport renewal, dual citizenship, and notarial/SPA applications. However, they cannot entertain Civil Registry or acknowledgment of documents issued in states that are not under the jurisdiction of the PCGNY.
ATTENTION: Pre-processing of Passport, Dual Citizenship and Civil Registry ( Report of Marriage, Report of Birth) is REQUIRED.
Pre-registration documents must be received by the PCGNY one week before the scheduled Consular Outreach Activity, that is, on or before August 12, 2016.
Pre-registration Documents are downloadable from the consulate website. Here are the links:
- Passport http://www.newyorkpcg.org/files/forms/pptrqstform.pdf
- Civil Registry http://www.newyorkpcg.org/files/forms/civilregrqstform.pdf
- Dual Citizenship http://www.newyorkpcg.org/files/forms/citreacrqstform.pdf
Walk-ins are accommodated only for legalization of documents.
You will be paying the same fees as when applying directly at the Consulate. The FAAP is not charging any additional fees.
Since all passports take ten (10) weeks to process, applicants are advised to bring self-addressed pre-stamped Priority Mail USPS envelopes with Tracking Number so that they can receive their new passports through the mail.
For details about the consular outreach, please go to
Pot Luck Dinner at Homeville on August 7, 2016
We are inviting everyone.…… members, non-members and guests to a FAAP sponsored pot luck dinner @ Homeville on August 7 @ 4 pm as our dance troupe practice is winding down for the day. We plan to schedule this gathering once a month. Dates for the subsequent events are tentatively scheduled on:Sept. date TBD, Oct 9, Nov 20
- For anyone interested in our dance troupe, we invite you to come earlier between 1-2 pm to see and observe the dance troupe practice and the progress of our dancers. We are currently getting ready for two major upcoming events: the performance at the Mckeesport International Village on Aug 18, 2016 and the Pittsburgh Folk Festival on September 3 & 4, 2016. The dance troupe will also be performing at the Annual FAAP Fall Classic on September 11 at North Park and at the UNESCO sanctioned International Day of Peace on September 17.
- On November 5, 2016, the SPNP-FAAP is celebrating the 60th anniversary of its foundation. Our artistic director Lillian Stefanick and our dance troupe director Jae Villao are in the process of preparing a special performance in celebration of this milestone event.
- Come and spend the afternoon with us, assuage your nostalgia, meet new friends, link up with old ones, exchange recipes, enjoy favorite home cooked food, rekindle your Filipino dancing spirit, give your dancing feet and those of your young ones some wings and join the FAAP dance troupe.
- For more information send email to email@example.com